Hilltop Structures LLC is owned and managed as a family business.
We are located in the hills of Dickson County in the small town of Cumberland Furnace, Northwest of Nashville, Tennessee. We are in a rural area of central Tennessee and able to offer services to clients in the whole state of Tennessee, Southern Kentucky & Northern Alabama. In addition, we offer long distance delivery to those outside of those areas.
Our goal is to have a small business where we can personally meet the needs of each individual customer and we do our best to explain the building process, features and options to you and so that your whole experience with HillTop Structures will bring you back to us again when you have other building needs!
We are an Amish Mennonite family who moved into this community a number of years ago from Ohio, we were looking for a good rural setting and church to raise our family. We enjoy the friendly Tennessee folks down here. “How are Y’all doing?” and want to be an asset to the community and church. Dave has been ordained as a deacon in our Mennonite church, we enjoy our church family and want to be a blessing to our congregation. Our church is located in Vanleer, TN just West of Vanleer on HWY 49 past Jarmin’s Market, look for the Lighthouse Mennonite Church sign on the left. Our services start at 9:30 am on Sunday morning. We also have evening services the first 2 Sundays of the month and on the 1st Sun eve of every month at 7:00 pm we have a hymn singing that local people enjoy coming for when the weather is nice. You are invited to come to our services, & although Dave does preach, the church pastors take turns so he only preaches about once per month.
Dave has been involved with building portable structures for a number of years in Ohio and wanted to start his own company. The timing seemed right to start here and although the economy was a little slow at first, things have taken off and in the winter of 2013/14 we moved the business to a larger building where we can build much more efficiently. We really do appreciate the business and support from the people of middle Tennessee and the surrounding areas.
We work hard to provide a family business where our children can work in a good environment while learning skills, good business ethics, and the importance of working hard.
- Dave does the purchasing, delivers the buildings, sets them up and helps with sales.
- Charity is married to Ben, and they live nearby. They have two boys, Isaac and Elliot.
- Tyler Schmidt is our office Manager & is here to answer any questions you may have about the buildings or building process.
- Faith helps with the Bookkeeping and keeping records straight.
- Josh is now delivering the smaller buildings as well as escorting the larger ones and helping with building setup.
- Crystal, our oldest daughter is married to Quinton Mast and they live in Torrington, Wyoming. They have two boys, Miquel and Caleb and a little girl Elena. We don’t get out to see them quite as much but all our grandchildren are very special!
- Sarina is our helper and frequently goes along to help level & set up the buildings, she is a animal lover & will make friends with all your pets.
- Natasha helps out as needed, making or folding brochures. She also cleans the office weekly and helps with bills.
We continue to build here at our facility here but we also have partnered with Cedar Creek Builders in Hopkinsville, KY. Murray Martin is a part of the horse & Buggy Mennonite group there and it has worked well to let them assume more of the construction, while we provide the logistics and sales.
Y’all come see us,
Dave & Faith King & Family
Psalm 127:1 “Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchmen waketh, but in vain.” This is a Mennonite family business and our goal is to have builders work here who care about our customers and work hard to please them.
To glorify God by demonstrating godly principles and business practices as we serve the community. To provide quality products to our clients at an affordable price, with customer service that communicates honesty and appreciation. To provide a workplace atmosphere that upholds biblical work ethics and encourages our builders to want to do a great job.